Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Can I get a little light?

Despite the sometimes dark and gloomy tone of this blog, I am not a negative person. I'm not entirely positive either, but I really do trust God with my life so I would like to think I land somewhere in the middle. A person who sees reality for what it is, but also sees the light peering through the darkness.


"The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." 
John 1:5


Like Dorothy on her journey to Oz, I have met a few friends on this yellow brick road season of my life. The Lord has been faithful to bring people alongside me (and my husband) to minister to our broken, hurting hearts.


Which brings me to a diaper bag.



Yes, you read that right.



Are you still there?



Oh good.



Meet my Lily Jade bag, Shaylee:




Receiving the box containing this beautiful bag was definitely a spirit-lifter. She became an instant companion, a beautiful sight to behold. I feel pretty when I carry her even with puffy eyes and messy top knots. She carries all the things my kids need and since she converts to a backpack, I've got two hands free to fill with chubby, sticky-sweet, little boy hands.

But. And there is a but (sigh). Shaylee, with her cute name and her luxurious good looks, is just a bag. While she carries what I need, she isn't really what I need.



What I need is truth. Prayer. Kindness. Love. Friendship.

And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Do you need comfort, companionship, an uplifting word? God is on it. 

Behind that beautiful leather diaper bag are beautiful hearts and minds that have been used by God to lift my head in this season of pain.


Lily Jade is a giving company. Follow them on social media and you will see them giving away at least one of their bags each week, usually more. They intentionally support adoption and mothers with unplanned pregnancies. They employ kind people. The type of customer service personnel that will stick with you as you debate color choices, buy and return and buy again, and most importantly befriend and pray for you. Pray for you! Like really call on the Father in your time of need.

That is incredible to me.

You will not find a Lily Jade diaper bag in a store. Not because they are trying to be elite. It is to avoid huge mark ups that make their quality bags inaccessible to moms like me.


I give hundreds of dollars each year to companies and corporations who treat people unkindly, have poor customer relations, and in turn support things that I do not agree with. I hate to admit this. But I can't buy a vehicle without supporting a cause that doesn't align with my values. Or gasoline. Or own a cell phone.

I am so happy I chose to give money to a company that gives back. A company that made me feel a little less alone. A little less frumpy. A company I can stand with to support their causes. A company that gave me a little light in my dark.

Lily Jade, we are the light of the world. Thank you for shining some of yours on me.









No comments:

Post a Comment